Who knew green could taste so good? I am a big fan of spinach & really wanted to figure out a way that I could incorporate this great leafy green with `Uala. So I grabbed a chai power shot, threw in some spinach & topped it off with some seeds & nuts for a green machine that really packs a punch!
-Shaun Aharam, Founder
- 1 to 1.5 cups of boiled, chilled, and mashed (skin on) purple sweet potatoes
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 ½ cup of water or milk of choice
- Boil purple sweet potatoes for 45 minutes at a medium/high boil (skin on)
- Drain and let potatoes cool at room temp, before storing in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. I prefer to let them chill for a full 24 hours.
- Once chilled, mash thoroughly with skin on, until you have lumpy mashed potato consistency.
- Add 1 to 1.5 cups of mashed purple sweet potato to blender ( I prefer a cup and a half as I like to eat mine with a spoon, it's that good :)
- Add spinach
- Add milk of choice or water
- Add flax seeds
- Add 2 tablespoons of nut or seed butter of choice
- Secure lid tightly
- Blend for about 20 seconds, you will want a glistening appearance as that means the starches have been properly blended and you will get the creamiest consistency this way.