Blueberry, Apple & Chai..oh my! When experimenting with our Chai power shot, I wanted to figure out a blend that would highlight the spice but not make it overpowering. Which led me to bringing blueberry & apple into the equation. This trio makes for a perfect blend of sweet, tart & spice which delivers all day nutrition & taste.
-Shaun Aharam, Founder
- 1 to 1.5 cups of boiled, chilled, and mashed (skin on) purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of diced apple
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 ½ cups of water or milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Boil purple sweet potatoes for 45 minutes at a medium/high boil (skin on)
- Drain and let potatoes cool at room temp, before storing in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. I prefer to let them chill for a full 24 hours.
- Once chilled, mash thoroughly with skin on, until you have lumpy mashed potato consistency.
- Add 1 to 1.5 cups of mashed purple sweet potato to blender ( I prefer a cup and a half as I like to eat mine with a spoon, it's that good :)
- Add berries and diced apples
- Add milk of choice or water
- Add cinnamon
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Secure lid tightly
- Blend for about 20 seconds, you will want a glistening appearance as that means the starches have been properly blended and you will get the creamiest consistency this way.