One superfood combined with another! Avocado adds an extra creamy texture that just cannot be matched, which is why I decided to throw it in the blender with a chocolate power shot. This one is perfect for the days with no breaks in sight. Double the superfoods, double the power.
-Shaun Aharam, Founder
- 1 to 1.5 cups of boiled, chilled, and mashed (skin on) purple sweet potatoes
- 1 whole banana
- 1 whole avocado
- 2 tbsp of nut or seed butter of choice
- 1 ½ cups of water or milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Boil purple sweet potatoes for 45 minutes at a medium/high boil (skin on)
- Drain and let potatoes cool at room temp, before storing in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. I prefer to let them chill for a full 24 hours.
- Once chilled, mash thoroughly with skin on, until you have lumpy mashed potato consistency.
- Add 1 to 1.5 cups of mashed purple sweet potato to blender ( I prefer a cup and a half as I like to eat mine with a spoon, it's that good :)
- Add 1 ripe banana (ripeness is a preference thing, but I like mine almost brown)
- Add avocado (halved and sliced)
- Add milk of choice or water
- Add 2 tablespoons of nut or seed butter of choice
- Secure lid tightly
- Blend for about 20 seconds, you will want a glistening appearance as that means the starches have been properly blended and you will get the creamiest consistency this way.